Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snapshot of vacation

On Christmas eve, I could barely sleep. Thoughts of tomorrow kept flitting through my mind, like clouds across the sky. Imaginary clouds, but nonetheless clouds. I tried repeating words in my head to blot them out, but the mental clouds returned. It was impossible! I tried listening for the sound of footsteps to indicate that someone was coming to put presents in my stocking. But then I thought of what I would get and the clouds came back!

I was too anxious to sleep. Nothing I tried would work. I was tired, but my own excitability was my downfall. I cursed all excitement! Clouds or no clouds, I would get to sleep! But then, I eventually fell asleep. And you know how I managed it? Why would I tell you?

When I woke up in the morning, I wondered why I was feeling so excited. Why was there this feeling of euphoria, filling my body? But then I remembered. It was Christmas Day! I rushed to my stocking, feeling ecstatic. I opened my stocking, ripped off the wrapping paper, and gasped with pure pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment